Please review this Agreement carefully and check for updates regularly. This Agreement limits our liability and also limits your remedies against us and certain third parties.
The Lyft2go Service enables Users to arrange to use Shared Car, provides a communications platform and other services related to those shared rides, and facilitates payments between Users.
Use of the Lyft2go Service will introduce you to people registered with the Lyft2go Service for the purposes of Shared Car or any other service offered by the Lyft2go Service. We cannot and do not assess the suitability of Users. We have little or no control over the truth or accuracy of the data Users may provide, the ability of Users to drive legally and safely, the condition of their vehicles, their criminal background etc. We do not verify that a User has met all the eligibility requirements for the Lyft2go Service or that any other part of a User’s profile information is true and accurate, or even that a User is who they claim to be. Background or other checks are not normally performed; even where background or other checks have been performed, we cannot guarantee that the results of those checks are accurate or up to date. You are solely responsible for selecting the individuals and/or entities with whom you travel. If you do not feel comfortable sharing a ride for any reason, you should use another means of transportation. You acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will Lyft2go Entities or Lyft2go Partners have any responsibility, liability or obligation with respect to any of the trips that you may take as a result of using the Lyft2go Services.
Requirements to Access the Service
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- you have not have committed any felony or serious criminal offense (including but not limited to a sexual offense and/or a violence-related offense) ever or any misdemeanour within the past three (3) years.
For Lift Givers:
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- you have a current and valid Driver’s license;
- you carry all insurance required by law in order to operate a motor vehicle /Car in Singapore and /or country where your vehicle is registered;
- you carry liability insurance that covers bodily injury to all occupants of your vehicle;
- you have no record of convictions for serious driving offenses;
- you are medically fit to act as a Lift Giver;
- you have volunteered to be a Lift Giver and have not been designated by a group or company as a Lift Giver and receive no compensation from a group or company for driving; you are an independent party participating, with others, in a voluntary, not for profit, ridesharing arrangement.
- you follow prescribed manufacturer preventative and maintenance standards for the vehicle(s) you use.
- Users are advised to check with their insurance provider to ensure that their coverage extends to carpooling and ridesharing. If at any time you do not meet or continue to meet the eligibility requirements listed in this section, you must notify us immediately and you will have no right to use or continue to use the Lyft2go Service. Lyft2go reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse or deny access to the Lyft2go Service to any individual for any reason or no reason. Particular Shared Car programs may require additional or separate certifications to be made by Lift Seekers and Lift Givers and may require Lyft2go to conduct background, Motor Vehicle Registration (or similar) or credit checks. Access to such programs is conditional on (i) those certifications being completed and kept up to date, (ii) Lift Seeker and Lift Givers permitting Lyft2go to perform all relevant checks, including on an ongoing basis and (iii) Lift Seeker and Lift Giver informing Lyft2go of any incidents, accidents or changes of circumstances that may or do affect the results or status of these certifications.
A valid email address and email account is required for using the Lyft2go Service. It is your responsibility to maintain validity of this email address and email account. Should your email address change, please record your updated email address in the Lyft2go Service. Lift Givers must download the Lyft2go mobile phone application to use the Lyft2go Service and must carry their mobile/cell phone with them during Trips in order for the Trips to be registered with the Lyft2go Service. Lift Givers are advised to adhere to regulations and legislation relating to the use of mobile and cell phones while driving. For using mobile phone applications to access the Lyft2go Service, a mobile device with services from a service provider supported by the Lyft2go Software and a plan which allows you access to Lyft2go’s mobile phone application and SMS and chat capabilities is required. You are responsible for paying all fees that your service provider may charge you for using the Lyft2go Service through your mobile/cell phone. Should your mobile/cell number or service provider change, please record your updated mobile/cell phone information in the Lyft2go Service.
When you accept a Trip, Lift Seekers agree to be at the departure location on time and pay the trip fee they accepted for the Trip, and Lift Givers agree to arrive on time at the departure location and complete the trip they agreed to provide.
Payments, Cancelations and Refunds.
- All Lift Seekers and Lift Givers must register a valid NETS /credit card in order to use the Lyft2go Service and must ensure to keep credit card details up to date.
- Fees Paid by Lift Givers. There is no fee for Lift Givers for using the Lyft2go Service;
- Fees Paid by Lift Seekers. When you accept a Scheduled Trip as a Lift Seeker, you agree to pay a fee to the Lift Giver for providing the ride. Lyft2go’s fee includes a fixed charge per trip and a variable per Kilometre fee, of which 85% is credited to the Lift Giver’s account and 15% of which is retained by Lyft2go to cover its licensing, hosting, support and communication costs. These fees are solely in relation to the fees for using the Lyft2go Service and are subject to change at any time. In certain forms of Shared Car, a separate Lift Seeker or Lift Giver fee may also apply for ERP or Carpark, for which Lyft2go has no responsibility whatsoever.
- Payment. If payment is due to you by Lyft2go, Lyft2go will credit your registered account or credit card with the applicable amount.
- The Lyft2go Service is for personal, non-commercial use, and you may not use it to operate a business of providing transportation to Lift Seekers.
- Lift Seekers and Lift Givers must register payment details with Lyft2go in order to use the Lyft2go Service. For Lift Seekers, this will include authorization to debit your credit card for the cost of the Trips taken. Lift Givers may redeem payment for Trips from Lyft2go via the Site.
All fees paid by Lift Seekers are due immediately and are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate your usage, our decision to terminate your usage, disruption caused to our software or services either planned, accidental or intentional, or any reason whatsoever.
We, or a third party, may provide certain promotional credits or coupons to Users from time to time. We may, at our sole discretion, make promotional offers with different features and different rates to any of our Users. Any promotional credit or coupons we make available to you are not redeemable for cash (but can be used towards trips) and will be forfeited upon termination of this Agreement, regardless of the reason for termination. Promotional credit received by the User is also automatically forfeited after 3 months of inactivity.
Many services which are part of the Lyft2go Service are offered free, however some services may have an associated fee for usage. Where fees are applicable you will be informed in advance. For any software or services you purchase from us, you agree to pay us at the time you order. All fees are due immediately and are non-refundable. This no refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate your usage, our decision to terminate your usage, disruption caused to our software or services either planned, accidental or intentional, or any reason whatsoever. We may change the fees for the Lyft2go Services as we deem necessary.
User Ratings; Feedback
Users may provide feedback and/or ratings of other Users they have shared a Trip with. Users leaving feedback should ensure that it is fair and accurate. You agree that we may post ratings left by other Users about you on your profile. Lyft2go does not necessarily actively monitor feedback and ratings left by Users. Lyft2go retains the right to adjust or delete User feedback that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and disclaims all liability in respect of feedback left by Users.
We are not involved in and in no way responsible for any actual dealings between you and other Users who use the Lyft2go Service. We will not be a party to disputes, negotiations of disputes between Users. We encourage you to report all disputes with other users personally or to Singapore Police Force.
You must not:
- damage, disables, overburden, or impair the Lyft2go Service (or any network connected to the Lyft2go Service);
- resell or redistribute the Lyft2go Service, Lyft2go Software or any part of it;
- use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Lyft2go Service;
- harm or disrupt another User’s computer or illegally access software or bypass security on websites, or servers, including but not limited to spamming;
- Mislead other Users by providing inaccurate information.
- You agree you will not upload post, transmit, transfer, distribute or facilitate distribution of any content (including text, images, sound, video, data, information or software) or otherwise use the Lyft2go Service in any way to:
- Harass, defame, intimidate or threaten another User, person or organization;
- Interfere with another User’s rights to privacy;
- Distribute chain letters, surveys or contests;
- Post any material that is defamatory, obscene or indecent;
- Post any trademarks, logos or copyrighted material without the authorization of the owner;
- Post any materials that may damage the operation of a computer (such as a virus, worm or Trojan horse); or
- Advertise or sell any goods or services without lyft2go’s approval or written permission
Account and Passwords
You must keep your accounts and passwords confidential and not authorize any third party to access or use the Lyft2go Service on your behalf. You may not transfer your account to any other person or entity. You may acquire information pertaining to others using the Service. You may not disclose personally identifiable information of another user you acquire using the Service to any third party without the consent of such other User after adequate disclosure with the exception of reporting unlawful activity to Singapore Police Force .
Site Content; Third Party Sites
The Lyft2go Service and Lyft2go Software are the property of ____Ptd ltd and are protected by copyright law and other intellectual property rights. The structure, organization and code of the Lyft2go Service and Lyft2go Software are proprietary to Lyft2go. Except as expressly stated herein, this Agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights or licenses to the Lyft2go Service or Lyft2go Software; all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Lyft2go. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, underlying ideas, underlying user interface techniques or algorithms of the Lyft2go Service or Lyft2go Software by any means whatsoever, directly or indirectly, and you may not disclose any of these either publicly or to a third party. If you provide or communicate any suggestions for improvements to the Lyft2go Site, the Lyft2go Service or the Lyft2go Software (collectively, “Feedback”), you hereby irrevocably assign to us all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback, without restriction or any obligation of compensation.
Service Availability; Exclusion of Warranties
We will use all reasonable efforts to provide the Lyft2go Service in a reliable and secure way – however, as with any other software application; events which may cause disruption to our services are always possible due to issues with our software, unforeseen events such as accidents or intentional interference. In no event will Lyft2go Entities or Lyft2go Partners be liable for any claims or damages, consequential loss, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages arising out of such disruptions. THE LYFT2GO SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, XYZ LTD/LYFT2GO ENTITIES, XYZ LTD/LYFT2GO PARTNERS AND ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE LYFT2GO SERVICE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. LYFT2GO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LYFT2GO SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. Lyft2go’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy for errors or unavailability of the Lyft2go Service will be, at Lyft2go’s discretion, to attempt to correct or work around errors, to correct or modify documentation of the Lyft2go Service.
Modifications To Services
Lyft2go reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of the Lyft2go Services, in its sole discretion. You agree that Lyft2go Entities or Lyft2go Partners will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Lyft2go Services.
Terms and Termination.
This Agreement begins on the time and date you complete your registration for the Lyft2go Service and accept this Agreement, and continues in effect indefinitely until terminated by either party. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason, by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may terminate this Agreement or suspend your User account and/or access to the Lyft2go Service at any time, for any reason, without notice. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, all of your rights to access the Lyft2go Service and your User account will terminate. All provisions of this Agreement that should naturally be interpreted to survive termination will survive. Any promotional credits or coupons we may have made available to you will be forfeited upon termination, regardless of the reason.
You agree to release Lyft2go Entities and Lyft2go Partners from all claims, demands and damages (actual, threatened; consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any service provided by the Service. In no event shall Lyft2go Entities or Lyft2go Partners be liable for damages, including direct damages, consequential loss, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages. Lyft2go Entities’ or Lyft2go Partners’ total liability to you in connection with any use of the Lyft2go Service or any dispute arising out of this Agreement will not, for any reason, exceed (a) the aggregate amount any fees that you have actually paid to Lyft2go or (b) $100, whichever is greater.
You agree to indemnify and hold Lyft2go Entities and Lyft2go Partners harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Lyft2go Service.
WARNING AND NOTICE
Lyft2go is an open platform with unrestricted access. Neither Lyft2go nor our Trusted Partners (including without limitation public and private employers, educational and other local public agencies, authorized contractors and private business entities who facilitate or promote Lyft2go services) have conducted background investigation or review of any kind or type, including without limitation Lift Giver’s license checks, insurance checks, criminal records checks, sex offender status, or otherwise. If you decide to participate, you assume all risks for using this platform and/or participating in the Lyft2go program.
As a voluntary user of the Lyft2go Software, you agree that neither Lyft2go nor Lyft2go’s Trusted Partners (including without limitation public and private employers, educational and other local public agencies, authorized contractors and private business entities who facilitate or promote Lyft2go services), nor any of their respective employees, contractors, members, agents and officers shall be liable or responsible in any way for any personal injury, loss or other harm to you or your property resulting from my participation in the Lyft2go program and you further agree to release, discharge, hold harmless, and forever acquit this website’s and application’s sponsors, Lyft2go or Trusted Partners (including without limitation public and private employers, educational and other local public agencies, authorized contractors and private business entities who facilitate or promote Lyft2go services) from any and all actions, causes of action, claims or any liabilities whatsoever, known or unknown, now existing or which may arise in the future, on account of or in any way related to or arising out of my participation in the programs. I acknowledge that participation in Lyft2go carpool is an individual decision and that I am responsible for my operation of, or participation in Lyft2go. I understand that this website’s and smartphone application’s sponsoring agencies and private businesses shall have no responsibility or liability for any claims, expenses or damages resulting from any individual’s participation in Lyft2go carpool.
Lyft2go, program sponsors and Trusted Partners cannot, and do not, assess the suitability of Participants or other Lyft2go users to engage in ride sharing. Lyft2go has little or no control over and does not take any measures to independently verify the truth or accuracy of the data provided by Participants, they’re ability to drive legally and safely, the condition of their vehicles, or their criminal background. Background or other checks are not normally performed; even where background, MVR or other checks have been performed, we cannot guarantee that the results of those checks are accurate or up to date. As a Participant, you are solely responsible for selecting the individuals and/or entities with whom you travel and you do so entirely at your own risk. If you do not feel comfortable sharing a ride for any reason, you should and are responsible for using another means of transportation. You acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will Lyft2go, program sponsors and Trusted Partners have no responsibility, liability or obligation with respect to your use of the Lyft2go Service, including but not limited to: a) operating Lyft2go’s software products and interfaces, b) communicating and coordinating with other Participants or Lyft2go Service users, and c) sharing vehicle trips with other Participants or Lyft2go Service users.
Lyft2go and Trusted Partners may provide incentives and rewards plan (“Incentive Plan”) that allow users to earn prizes based on your usage of the Lyft2go Service and your interactions with other Participants or potential Participants. Incentives may be offered to increase your use of the Lyft2go Service, help recruit additional Participants, and take part in social activities that strengthen the sense of community among Participants. Incentives are only available to you if you either reside or work in Trusted Partner service areas. The Incentive Plan comprises the following types of incentives, which will be changed periodically in each partner at the discretion of the Lyft2go administration:
- Sign up bonus: Each new Lyft2go user may receive Lyft2go Lift Seeker credits into their account upon signup. These can be used only for the purpose of paying for a shared ride within the Lyft2go application and are non-redeemable for cash by a Lift Seeker.
- Weekly raffles: the entry rules and prizes for each raffle will be published on the Website, on the Facebook page, on the Twitter account, emailed to you, or any combination of the above. A random draw may be conducted by Lyft2go administrators will determine the winner of each raffle.
- Monthly contests: the rules and prizes for each contest will be published on the Website, on the Facebook page, on the Twitter account, emailed to you, or any combination of the above.
- Additional incentives: additional incentives may be offered to certain Participants on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis to encourage specific actions or behaviours. For instance, select Participants may qualify for additional toll or parking incentives.
- Milestone Prizes: Participants may be awarded a prize either in the form of a gift card, Lyft2go Lift Seeker credits or other prize for reaching a certain milestone. This may include a set number of shared trips, a set number of interactions with other Lyft2go users etc. Rules for such prizes will be posted on the Website, on the Facebook page, on the Twitter account, emailed to you, or any combination of the above.
Lyft2go administrators will make reasonable attempts to deliver prizes to winning Participants, including contacting them by email or phone. Trusted Partners may retain any prize that is not claimed within 60 days of the award date, and reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Participant who fails to comply with the present Terms and Conditions.
We acknowledge that giving personal information, including addresses and contact information is a personal decision that may affect my personal security. We understand that giving such information to anyone, including individuals We may contact through services such as this, requires care and taking reasonable safeguards to assure your safety and the security of your personal information. we understand Lyft2go uses online and offline media to publish updates about the program. Lyft2go will send you regular emails and/ or phone messages to invite you to use the Lyft2go Service, and to help match you with people along your route. You will also have the ability to interact online with other Participants through the Website, a Facebook page, Twitter, and other media that will be made available by Lyft2go for that purpose. Your personal information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To sign you up as a Lyft2go Service user.
- To send periodic, targeted emails or phone messages. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time by following instructions that are provided in each email, by altering the notification settings in the Lyft2go smartphone application, or by sending an email to email@example.com
- To publish your profile as a Participant, including pictures and status updates that you willingly share with Lyft2go, and your Lyft2go Service usage summary, on our Website, Facebook page and Twitter.
- To administer the Incentive Plan.
- To help participants use the Lyft2go app and find carpool matches.
- To compile aggregated statistics about participation in program and usage of the Lyft2go Service.
- To use in pilot for research purposes about your travel activities with lyft2go
Copyright XYZ(T/A Lyft2go).